Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Lazy Days of Summer

School is back in session and our lazy days of summer are over.
Although it is nice to be back in a routine, I do miss our quiet mornings at home, playdates and times of not getting out of our pajamas until late morning.
Now Landon starts school at 7:45 AM, so we are all up well before 7:00.
This morning he was gone, breakfast had been made, eaten, cleaned up and Blake and I were dressed and ready for the day by 8:15...quite a contrast to what we did all summer long. 
All in all it was a GREAT summer.
We played hard
Rested hard
Grew
Laughed
Loved
Learned
Swam
Caught creepy crawlies
Shot off rockets
Explored
and just enjoyed each other as a family!
The stage we are in is challenging and rewarding at the same time (such a weird contrast at times)
I know when my kids are all teenagers and wanting to be off with their friends, I will look back and miss these times in which I am their best friend and if they could choose one person to be with during the day it would most likely be me.  Such a heartfelt love they give me on a daily basis!
Raising littles is hard...but there is so much joy, grace and love to be found amongst the challenges!

No comments: