Friday, September 4, 2015

First Day of...Kindergarten!

Our sweet, oldest son started Kindergarten just over a week ago! 
Crazy, crazy how time flies! I got emotional at times the days leading up to this big event, but no tears were really shed the day of! I think it helps that he is only half day and is home again by 11:00 :)  
I read a blog post somewhere that talked about times in which you look at your children and get a feeling so intense that it feels like you are looking at the sun. That there isn't really a word that can properly describe the emotion that wells up inside...I think that is the feeling I had getting Landon ready and watching him leave for school.
I am so beyond proud of our 5 year old.  I am proud of the little boy that he is and the little boy I am watching him become.  I love who God has made him! 
He is sweet natured, desires to please, so smart and has the ability to really process and reason through things.  Overall, he has a sensitive and soft heart.  He is teachable and will daily show us his love and affection.  
I know that he will succeed in school and strive to do his best.  But along with academic success our prayer for Landon (and all our children) is that he will be a lover of Jesus.  There will be failures, mistakes and things that could have been done better, but I pray he will understand grace is what covers it all.
 
 I pray that he knows Jesus in a personal way and understands the depths of Christ's love and grace for him.  I want him to know that he can never be separated from that love and that he can't do anything to change that love.
I'm excited (and scared) to watch him grow up and see the story God has for his life.  I'm so thankful that I have a Savior that I can trust wholeheartedly, knowing that He loves my son even more than I do. 
 
Whatever the story is God has for Landon, I know I can put my confidence in Him and I pray that Landon comes to know this and trust in God from an early age too. 
So far school has been great.  He is really enjoying it and all the first day jitters, nerves and excitement he was feeling has gone away.
We can't wait to watch our little man fly!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

So well said, I'm thinking back to the first day of school for Trever and you and the emotions that I felt. Love that grandson of ours.