Thursday, September 10, 2015

First Day of Preschool 2015

Yesterday was the first day of preschool for our loving, happy-go-lucky middle baby!
He was ALL smiles in the morning and on the way to school and then the waterworks began when he knew I was going to leave :(
He was so excited to be in the class with the same teacher that Landon had last year, but the separation anxiety and fear of the unknown is real for Blake. 
It definitely broke my heart having to leave him crying.  Big crocodile tears were rolling down his face as he begged me not to leave.  Of course those are the moments I question what the right thing is to do.  I texted the woman who is in charge of the preschool and she said that he settled down quickly and by recess had a huge smile on his face.  I had a knot in my stomach all morning at work and it didn't help that I wasn't even able to pick him up (since Wednesdays are the day I work).  
Sadly, I know that the tears will come again next week and that it will take him some time to adjust to the new class, teachers and students.  He does love it though and I have to keep reminding myself of that.  He was so excited to talk about his day and tell us all about his class. 
It's so interesting for me to see the differences between our kids.  There are some similarities in which they are both so loving and sweet.  
BUT Landon never cried in preschool and has an easier time adjusting to new environments.  He gets nervous and will hang back to observe, but can handle those situations better.  
Blake wears his emotions on his sleeve...he loves big, cries big and throws fits big :)
I wouldn't trade either of them for anything and am so thankful for the ways in which they challenge us as parents.  
We definitely have to rely on the Lord and the Holy Spirit for wisdom in how to parent each one in order to bring out their strengths based on the personalities the Lord blessed them with. 
Blake is definitely our sour patch kid! There is honestly no one sweeter or more loving then him, but when he is sour he IS sour!
What a sweet boy he is! 
I can't wait to see him grow and change and learn this year! I have a feeling we will see a lot of it!

No comments: