Friday, February 5, 2010

Baby Shower

Last weekend we had our couples baby shower! It was a lot of fun and Jared and I felt very spoiled and loved by all our friends. Throughout our entire pregnancy there has been so much love and support poured out on us. We are very thankful to all of our family and friends! We have had baby showers with both sides of our family, a surprise work shower and a couples/friends shower (unfortunately I don't have pictures of the other showers). Below is a recap of the fun times:

Pre-Party Prom Pose

My sweet friends Jennifer and Annie who organized the shower

35 weeks pregnant
Size of a honeydew, over 18 inches long and 5 1/4 lbs

Yummy cupcakes, made by Jennifer
She sent home all of the leftovers with us, which was a HORRIBLE idea with my sweet tooth. I did let Jared have a couple!

Game Time
Do you know the gestation period of an elephant, horse, whale, mouse, etc.?

Presents!
As you can see we were very spoiled and got very cute things. A couple people gave us both a boy and a girl outfit, which was so fun. Everything I have is so neutral that it made me excited to go shopping. Also, instead of a card, everyone had to bring a book and sign their name in that...it was such a cute idea and a great keepsake!

Thanks everyone for making our shower so special!!!

5 comments:

Annie Searcy said...

So cute!! What a fun day that was! I can't believe it's over! You look so pretty in those pictures! I just can't wait for baby to get here already!!

Melissa said...

how cute are you!? Seriously!
That baby is growing! Please don't wait too long to post a picture once the baby is born. I can't wait to see baby Smith!
Your showers sound and look so fun. I'm glad you have friends to spoil you, you deserve it!
love ya!

Shannon said...

Aww, those belly pictures of you are STUNNING! You make being pregnant actually look good! I think I was 4x your size at this point! Honestly though, you look beautiful! I'm glad you felt spoiled and loved at your shower, you should!! We had a great time, and are getting anxious for Landon's arrival (I'm going with boy today). Love you Rhonda!

Unknown said...

How fun!!! I'm so sad we missed it!!! We sure love you guys and are so excited for you both! We'll just have to find some other means of spoiling you!

Allikaye's Mama said...

What a great shower! Fun to do a couple shower! I don't know why I get your updates so late on my blog...so I am just now seeing this post! But I am glad you got some good baby stuff...I love the book idea!! You look so purdy too!!