Friday, February 12, 2010

Grace and Mercy

There are certain times in my life that God has abundantly shown Himself to a point where I feel undeserving and ashamed at my doubt. Now is one of those times.

Since finding out that we were expecting a little one in March Jared has been looking for a new job to provide more income and better benefits. I have wanted to cut down to at least 30 hours/week to stay home more once the baby comes. Jobs have been sparse and there haven't been many possibilities over the last 9 months. We have been through our fair share of dr. appointments, hospital visits and ultrasounds which have added up financially. My hours were reduced in December, which was an unexpected decrease to our monthly income. Through it all we have both been trying to rely on God as He has always been faithful to provide. As much as I try, my first instinct is to always become anxious and worry. The final straw was when we did our taxes and realized that we owe the government this year. Needless to say we were both discouraged.

The same night we did our taxes (1 1/2 weeks ago) Jared got a phone call from a friend saying he had just been hired at bodybuilding.com as their Director of Web Development. His friend told Jared that he wanted him to work in the department he was overseeing as a Web Designer. We were both a little hesitant to believe that the job would actually happen. This last Friday Jared interviewed for the job and was extended an offer a couple hours later. That same night his friend called and said that he felt Jared was worth more than the initial offer and that he would be sending him a new offer on Monday with an increase in salary. Both Jared and I sat there that night completely humbled and overwhelmed by God's grace and mercy.

I am still amazed at God's timing and his overflowing grace. Being a Christian my entire life I think it is easy to overlook the concept of grace and mercy at times. This was such an intense reminder of how undeserving I am, yet how good and gracious the Lord is.

We have also decided to try and flip the baby. Our appointment is scheduled for Wednesday at 4:00. I was slightly anxious all week wanting to make the right decision. After being able to talk to the doctor on Friday I feel good about the decision and know that the outcome is in the Lord's hands. If the baby turns we will wait for labor to progress naturally, if the baby doesn't turn we will schedule our C-Section.

There is so much change happening right now that sometimes it is hard to absorb. We are both excited to meet our little one and begin this next chapter of our life together.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

The Lord is GREAT and GREATLY to be praised! That is AWESOME!