Friday, February 19, 2010

Baby Flip Update

On Wednesday afternoon, Jared and I got to the hospital pumped up and ready to attempt to flip the baby...only to be sent home. There wasn't enough room in triage because apparently everyone decided to go into labor around 4:00! We scheduled to try the flip the next day at 4:00. I was little bummed because I was ready to have it done and I had already gone all day Wednesday without eating and had to do the same thing on Thursday! We went to the hospital yesterday and were able to get in for the procedure. The doctors tried about 4 or 5 times (about 10 minutes total) to flip the baby but the little stinker wouldn't cooperate. The head and body would move but the bottom wouldn't come out of my pelvis area. The procedure was definitely bearable but was uncomfortable (probably about a 6 maybe 7 out of 10 pain wise). I am a little sore this morning and the areas they pushed and pulled are definitely tender to touch.

I had a dr. appointment this morning and everything still looks good. Since the baby is breech and will probably stay that way we scheduled our C-Section. We are scheduled for March 3rd at 9:30. So in 12 days (or less) we are for sure going to meet our little one and find out if it is a boy or girl! We are both really excited, but the reality of it all does hit from time to time!

I feel okay about the C-Section and am glad that we at least tried to flip the baby. We both know that God has the ultimate plan throughout all of this. If this is how He wants our baby to enter the world, who are we to second guess that plan!

2 comments:

Allikaye's Mama said...

I can NOT wait...as I'm sure you can;t too!!! I have so many gift options ready to buy and make and ship!!! I need to know if its a boy or girl!!! Yeehaw!

Melissa said...

ok! it's March 3rd!!!! Woot Woot!! I'm anxious!! Is the baby here??
Boy or Girl... Boy or Girl??

Praying for you today!