Friday, January 15, 2010

Belly Shots

It's been a really long time since I've posted pregnancy pics. With the drama of bed rest, reduced hours and busyness of the holidays time has really gotten away from me. There seems to be a large gap in pregnancy pictures from week 24 to week 28...apparently I wasn't in the mood to get my picture taken during that period!
I had a doctor appointment today and everything is looking good. I have an ultrasound on Tuesday just to make sure of the exact size of the baby and what position it is in. As of now, we think baby is still breech and the doctor said we will start to discuss options at my next appointment if it decides to be stubborn and not turn on its own. I will be at 33 weeks Sunday (to me that is crazy)! I haven't experienced the "get this baby out of me" feeling yet. I am perfectly content having the little one safe and sound inside! Time is just flying by!

Week 28/29 (I can't remember):
Size of a Chinese Cabbage, 2 1/4 lbs and 15 inches long

Week 30:
Size of a large cabbage, 3 lbs and 15 3/4 inches long

Week 32:
Size of a jicama (hmmm...), 3 3/4 lbs and 16 3/4 inches long

Hopefully, I can be a little more consistent in remembering to both take and post pictures. It was fun to go back through and look at all of them tonight! Doesn't seem like that long ago that I posted we were expecting!

If you think about it pray that the baby will decide to turn on its own...I feel like that has got to be the easiest option!! When I asked the doctor if there was anything I could do to encourage flipping a home she said that sometimes it works to get on your elbows and knees with your butt in the air...a little bizarre but at times effective!
Don't worry, I won't be posting any pictures of that!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

These pictures are so exciting! ...and also a little sad because I can tell how long it's been since I've seen you by your belly size! You look so beautiful! We'll definitely be praying that baby does some serious shifting in the next few weeks. I can't believe how close you're getting! Woooooohooooo!

Allikaye's Mama said...

Oh how I wish I could talk to that baby in your baby!! She/he needs to hear their aunt Ashley's voice! heheh! You look so great!! yay!fdaasddddssaqw247hgfffffd
That last part was from Allikaye!

Amy said...

You look soooo beautiful!! I can't believe how close you are-I'm so excited for you!! Yeah, the "cat stance" or whatever you call it is what I've been advised too, you could also bounce around on an exercise ball (my baby was oblique and that was the suggestion for that..) I'll pray the lil one turns on his/her own though! :)

Libby Lu said...

RHODY! you're such a pretty lil pregnant momma! i can't believe how time has flown... he/she is almost here! i will keep you and baby smith in my prayers. love you!
xoxox =D

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, women are not supposed to look better than ever when they're nearing the end of pregnancy, but I think you do. I have never known anyone to grow a baby bump so gracefully! I'm so excited for you. Keep taking pictures, you'll love having them later on, even if you're not terribly inspired to take them right now!