Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Six years ago, I got to marry my best friend. On our wedding day we were full of love, hope and excitement as to what the future would bring. I can't believe how fast 6 years can go! Life has definitely given us both ups and downs. We had no idea that in 6 years we would experience life in both Medford and Boise, multiple moves, vacations, deaths of family members, weddings, births, stress of graduate school, new jobs, lost jobs, months of double unemployment, buying a home, home improvements, getting two puppies, dealing with cancer and the ultimate loss of our dog, reduced incomes at work, pregnancy and now possible bed rest (see post below). Through it all I thank God that He has allowed me to have Jared as my partner. I think it is amazing that God chooses mates for us that He knows will complete us and be the perfect fit. Jared is definitely that for me. He makes me laugh, keeps me grounded, reasons me through my insanity, has a huge heart and ultimately always points us back to God during the good times and bad. He has always led our family in the way of the Lord and I know that decisions he makes always come after prayerful consideration. When we started our journey together 6 years ago I'm glad I didn't know all the highs and lows we would experience, as it has brought us closer together and cemented our marriage. I am confident in my marriage and my husband. I have no idea what the future holds, but I do know that whatever it brings I will have the Lord as my direction and Jared by my side. What a reassurance!!

Here's to many more years!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy 6 years!!!!!! You should have posted wedding pics...

Melissa said...

Yeay! Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's already been 6 years! wow, time flies.