Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dr. Update

Good news today at my appointment! Amazingly enough my cervix measured longer today by a significant margin! The shortest length was 2.97 and the longest measurement was 3.88 (which is 2 cm longer than on Friday)! Apparently bed rest and taking it easy works, which shocked both Jared and I. We both had to look again when we saw the new measurements because we thought we were reading something wrong. The longest length at my 20 week ultrasound was 2.4 cm, so we had never seen the 3 cm mark before. The Dr. said that I still need to take it easy and not overdo it, so I am on a reduced work schedule of 20 hours a week. When not working I have to be on modified best rest, I can do simple things, but no running, walking, shopping, heavy lifting, vacuuming, etc. I don't think that will be an issue though since Jared has already warned me about 100 times of how careful I need to be! We are both very thankful and think the Lord is amazing to work in such miraculous ways! I have another appointment next Wednesday to check my cervical length again. We are praying that I measure the same. We are supposed to go to Oregon for Christmas and the Dr. will let us know next week if that is okay.
Thanks to all for your prayers and concerns...it is so nice to be surrounded by such loving family and friends!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

WOOHOO!!! So thankful!

Grandma G said...

Dec. 9, 2009
Rhonda & Jared, I was thrilled when I heard from you mom the good news and tonight read your blog. I have been praying for you and our great grandchild. We love both of you and know the Lord is looking out for all of you. Love you much, Grandma G

Unknown said...

I was so happy to hear this good news! What did your latest appointment reveal? Are you able to travel for Christmas? We're praying for you guys and that little one! Hope we'll get to see you and catch up soon!