Friday, April 17, 2009

Yurt Extravaganza

Tomorrow morning we are heading to an adventure in the mountains. We are hiking (snow shoeing to be exact) to a yurt and staying the night. We have to pack in our sleeping bags, clothes, food and anything else fun that we might want. I think the total hike is around 2 miles. The yurt has an outhouse, outdoor fire pit, bunkbeds, a woodburning stove and dishes/utensils. We have to boil water and chop down our fire wood.

We are going with two other couples. We have never done anything like this before so it should be fun. Jared and I bought backpacks 3 years ago, because Jared dreamed of hiking and camping in the wilderness. Unfortunately I have never had the same dream or calling, so this is the first time my backpack will be used for what it was intended. I am excited though, it should be a lot of fun. The picture above is the exact yurt that we will be staying in only there should be snow.

I will post pictures of our yurt extravaganza when we make it back Sunday night!

P.S. I did try to convince Jared to let the birds nest in our grill this year, but he had none of that. So, mama bird will have to find a different home for her babies!

2 comments:

Allikaye's Mama said...

All I could picture was you trying to walk in the snow and ice. i am laughing out loud...I will need pictures of this event...definitely! I am proud of you for getting out there...just make sure Jared doesn't let go of your hand in the snow...you're not the most sure-footed BF!! hehehe!

Melissa said...

Can't wait to see your pics when you get back! Sounds like a fun fun adventure.:) Hope you have a great time!!