Friday, April 10, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Two years ago we had a mama bird come and build a nest in our BBQ. It was actually really funny at the time because Jared opened the grill and asked me why I filled it with sticks and leaves...not sure why he thought I would put dirt and sticks in our BBQ (I hope I could play a better practical joke then that!) Anyway, once we realized it was the beginnings of a bird's nest we cleaned it out, thoroughly disinfected the grill and bought a grill cover which solved the problem. Our grill cover ripped on Sunday and we haven't bought a new one yet. When I opened our window blinds this morning, I noticed a few birds coming and going constantly. I went an opened the grill cover and this is what I found...


Apparently we underestimated a bird's memory (or some other bird thought a BBQ is a great place for a nest). This really happened in only a couple of days because we just used the BBQ at the beginning of the week. I feel bad that we have to destroy it, but we BBQ at least 1-2 times per week. So, once again we will have to go through the pain of cleaning it up and completely disinfecting it. If you have a BBQ make sure you get a cover because you never know what bird might think it would make a great home!!!

Happy Easter Weekend!

The Lord has risen...He has risen indeed!!!

4 comments:

Allikaye's Mama said...

You need to give up and let the poor bird family start their lives! Use your George Foreman...do it for the birds!

Allikaye's Mama said...

Oh! And I was going to say...at our old place, the birds made a nest in our wreath on our front door. You know how I am...well I wouldn't allow Matt to use that door anymore - we had to go out the sliding door everytime!
I tell ya...do it for the birds!

Kathy said...

I have to say that you two could get a new BBQ and let the birds have that one. You have no tree in the backyard for them to build a nest so what are they supposed to do?

Melissa said...

HA, no way! That is hilarious! I can't believe they came back!!