Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Welcome Miss Oakley Rose

So somehow Halloween passed, Thanksgiving happened, and Christmas came and went without me blogging any of those big events!
Kind of bummed to not have documented those holidays, since I love being able to look back and read and look at pics...but I guess life got a little crazy during those times!

This big new in our lives right now is that we have a new, tiny, adorable, sweet, cute, baby GIRL!



Little Miss Oakley Rose was born on 1/15/15 at 7:53 AM, weighing 5 lb 12 oz and 19 3/4 inches!



She has officially stolen our hearts and has managed to be the perfect addition to our family!





Last official picture of me pregnant!


In the waiting room, getting ready to be taken back to be prepped!

She is a little peanut but at 5 days old she had already surpassed her birth weight and was 5 lb 14 oz (gaining 9 oz in 3 days since she was only 5 lb 5 oz when we left the hospital)




The moment we found out we were having a girl was the BEST moment!



The doctor pulled her out and said "well daddy, what do we have?"





It took Jared a couple of seconds to process the fact that it was actually a girl! When he announced it, he said "oh my goodness, it's a little girl!" We were both overcome by emotion and just so thankful and grateful to the Lord for our daughter!  Waiting is hard, but it really is so amazing at the birth to be surprised!





This time I got to have skin to skin after they cleaned her off and before they took her to the recovery room with Jared.  It was a GLORIOUS 10 minutes and my heart was so content and beyond happy.  I could have laid there all day with my precious baby girl cuddled up to my face on my chest.  True bliss and love!






Oakley has proven to be a great eater, a great sleeper and overall a pretty easy going baby.



Granted, she is only 1 week old, but she has spoiled us so far!










Her brothers are infatuated with her!  When Jared called to tell them they had a sister they were both so excited!  Blake apparently jumped around the living room and Landon just had a huge smile on his face.  When my parents brought the boys home after we got out of the hospital, Landon told my mom, "I think I might cry" when they pulled into the driveway.
They both LOVE holding her, petting her, kissing her and hugging her...I don't think she will have to worry in life with two protective brothers watching out for her!
















We have been beyond blessed with the number of visitors that have poured out love on us and Oakley through meals, gifts and well wishes!


It was fun to show her off to the grandparents for the first time!











Jared said she did great at her first bath, and they even put a cute green bow in her hair!





She looked so tiny in her carseat the first time!




And we have settled right in to everything girly, pink and feminine!






We would have been equally thrilled with another baby boy...but now that she's here, it seems impossible to think of life without her!



A true blessing and absolute gift from the Lord!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am sooooooooo happy for you!!! She is so beautiful, congratulations!!!!!