Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wildlife Safari and Trip to Medford

After we visited my brother and SIL in Eugene, my mom came and picked me and the boys up so that we could spend a couple days in Medford with them and see my grandparents.  
I also flew home solo for the first time with both boys...YIKES!  They actually did great but I was one tired mama when we landed :)

The Wildlife Safari was soooo much fun!  It is only about 1 1/2 away from my parents house but we had never been before.  Well worth the stop even though Blake decided to scream the last 30 minutes in the car from my parents house because he was so tired!

It had a zoo aspect and then a huge area where you drive through.  The nice part is that the kids didn't have to be in carseats since it was private property, so I held Blake and Landon sat on my mom's lap or looked out the sunroof.


We saw a ton of cool animals roaming free and walking just feet from our car...a giraffe, zebras, long horn cattle, cows, birds, antelope, camels, yaks, sheep, and so many others I can't even think of.




We also saw neat ones in huge caged areas...lions, cheetahs, elephants, tigers, bears and monkeys!


It was a gorgeous afternoon and the scenery was spectacular!


I had a wonderful time with my mom and boys, another GREAT memory :)


Once we got to my parents we had a lot of fun too!

We explored a construction site!




Visited my grandma in Northern California



Watched a dove build her nest and lay her eggs


Spent a lot of time my grandparents


And practiced going up and down grandpa and nana's stairs!


By the time we flew home we were all tuckered out!


Now that we are home we have been enjoying amazing weather


Eating snacks outside


Getting into mischief 
(Landon actually pushed this super heavy piece of furniture all the way over to the pantry by himself so that he could get a piece of candy!)


And learning new skills



We are all excited for summer, to be outside and have some summer fun as a family!

No comments: