Thursday, July 15, 2010

Total Eclipse of the Heart

About 2 years ago when I started working, all the girls that I was working with could not stop talking about a certain vampire book series. The "Twilight" series was all the craze and I gave into peer pressure and read the books! I will admit that I don't have the obsession over the books like some girls I know...but I did think they were easy reads.

That summer the first Twilight movie came out and I agreed to go see it with a bunch of co-workers (for which Jared was thankful!) I had noooooo idea what I was getting myself into. Since that time I have gone to a Twilight party at my friend Jami's house on opening night for every Twilight movie that has come out. This past weekend we went and saw Eclipse (it wasn't on opening night, but that didn't stop the party from happening).

I'm not sure I can fully explain the obsession Jami has with Twilight. For the parties she completely decorates her house to look like Forks, WA (where the book series takes place). She has posters, life size cut outs of the characters, she replaces all of her picture frames with pics from the movie, buys us all the movie soundtrack, has a quiz about the book with prizes for the winners, puts up trees and other greenery to make it look like the woods, has a themed menu of Italian food since that is where Bella and Edward had their first date, has goodie bags full of Twilight themed memorabilia and for the second movie had Twilight shirts made for all of us! Her and her husband actually went to Forks, WA last summer for vacation!

A homemade sign made by Jami and her husband

Jami's backyard with Victoria looming

Edward in the tent from a scene in the book/movie

She actually made us all take a picture with Jacob in the tent

Although I feel a little silly going to the movie theater with matching Twilight shirts with a group of grown women, we always have a good time!

4 comments:

Libby Lu said...

wow. i'm not sure what to say! i have not read the books nor have i seen the movies. that's awesome that you had a great time! i would love to go to a party like that, with a theme i was actually into. fun!

Melissa said...

woah that is intense..
I've never read the books or seen the movies.
..but the party looks fun!! I'm totally into themes... she went all out!

Shannon said...

I consider you one of my best friends...you know that right? That's why it pains me to see you've been lead astray like this. It's not to late to get help...

Anonymous said...

What am I missing? Just don't understand.