Sunday, August 2, 2009

Go Big Blue!!!

What makes Boise State football stand out from all other NCAA Division I teams?! A little something referred to as smurf turf. Boise State plays on a blue field!! No other Division I team plays on a field color other than green. It takes a little time to get used to and looks a little weird at first, but it is definitely unique.

Yesterday, my parents, Jared and I went to take a tour of the stadium and we actually got to walk on the blue turf! It was pretty fun and I couldn't believe how soft the field was. It didn't feel at all like I expected it to.

Dad and Mom on the fifty yard line, right in the middle of the field.

Along with being able to go on the turf, we got to see all of the trophies and history of Boise State sports. There was also the Sports Humanitarian Hall of fame in the stadium. Jared compared his hand to Wilt Chamberlain's...it was amazing how big Wilt's hand was. My entire hand only fit in the palm of his (didn't even reach his fingers)!!!

It doesn't seem right to talk about Boise State football without mentioning the 2006 Fiesta Bowl. This is the display case that has the trophy, game ball, Emmy award and other memorabilia!

I must admit that I'm pretty excited for football season to start. I love football, but especially college football!!! Can't wait until the opening game against University of Oregon!!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Miss Rhonda! I didn't know you had a blog...until I was on my friend Kate's in Portland who has a link to your friend who has Allikaye, and then she had a link to yours! FUN. Hope you are doing well! Kate

Amy Blue said...

Hey, I found out you had a blog while looking at your facebook. It's good to see what you have been up to. I hope you don't mind, I added you to my list....:)