Saturday, August 8, 2009

Big News...

I'm sure most people know by now and it has taken me a really long time to post this but we have some exciting news for our family!! It took us a long time to come to this decision and realize that we are finally ready for this next chapter in our lives (at least as ready as we can be). On July 3rd, I woke Jared up at 5:45 am by telling him that:

We will be married for 6 years in December and decided it was time to expand our little family. We are both really excited about it (although it still feels slightly surreal). We got to tell both of our parents in person, which was really special. My parents flew out here last weekend under the false pretense that we were going to Sun Valley for the weekend. I just couldn't imagine telling them over the phone, so it required many white lies! Needless to say both sets of parents are extremely excited.

On July 31st we had our first ultrasound! It was so incredible! Here's the first picture of our sweet little bundle of joy!

Our due date is March 7, 2010. March is a popular month among my family, as my brother, Aunt, myself, Mom and cousin all have March birthdays.

I know that a lot of people have been curious as to when this was going to happen and some even had their suspicions that I was pregnant, but just for the record...I REALLY was sick in Colorado with some sort of stomach bug. I have been feeling great with no sickness or nausea and my doctor told me that a viral sickness was going around that week :)

Last disclaimer is that there will probably be lots of posts and pictures of my pregnancy and events surrounding it. Since my family is so far away this is the best way to keep them updated!!

7 comments:

Amy Blue said...

Congrats!!! That is wonderful news! I'm so excited for you. I'm looking forward to the up coming posts. :) Yes, I will be at the reunion. It will be nice to catch up. :) see you soon! (take care of yourself) :)

Melissa said...

Woot Woot!!! so excited for you guys!
Looking forward to the posts and pictures!!

Allikaye's Mama said...

What?! You're pregnant?!
hehehe!!
Yay for you and J Man!

Annie Searcy said...

Congratulations you two!! I am so excited for little baby Smith!!! It will be a very lucky little guy or gal!

Amy said...

Hee Hee! You totally lied to us at the Dr. when we saw you there! I told Andy you're pregnant and he was like, "Ha! I knew it!" But hey, like you said, sometimes white lies are required to keep the order of telling the most important people first, & he shouldn't have asked you in the first place! :) Congratulations you guys! You will be great parents!

Libby Lu said...

YAYA!! suuuure you had a "stomach bug" in colorado!! ;)

congrats to you both!
xoxo

Shannon said...

I love the picture of you guys...classic expressions. Can't wait to raise our babies together! You are going to be a wonderful mama!