Saturday, August 22, 2009

High School Reunion

It doesn't seem like that much time has passed, but this coming weekend is going to be my 10 year high school reunion.

A lot of people would rather forget high school, but I am actually one of those that had a really good time. I'm by no means saying it was the best time of my life, but I do have a lot of good memories. Growing up in a smaller community made high school enjoyable for me. There was always support for local athletics, homecoming parades, dances after football games, spirit days and pep rallies. Now that I live in a bigger city, that has a big university, it makes me realize how nice it was to have community support and emphasis put on our local high school. I rarely hear about high school activities, events or athletics in Boise because most of the support and attention is towards Boise State University. Although there were some downfalls to living in a small community, overall, I am thankful for the experiences I had.

It has been fun to see old school pictures pop up on Facebook as the reunion gets closer.

Graduation Day (I'm second from the right).

To eliminate parties after graduation, our parents did fund raisers and raffles all year to raise enough money for project graduation. The night of graduation all seniors piled into charter buses, which drove all night to Six Flags in California. We spent the entire day at the amusement park and then drove all night back to Southern Oregon. I'm the one with braided pigtails!

Senior prom, there I am in blue.

All of the seniors gathered together for our last home volleyball game. Athletics was definitely was a huge part of my life in high school and volleyball was the reason I went to Colorado Christian University to play for the cougars. I'm front and center in the short green dress.

I'm looking forward to the reunion and think it will be fun. Unfortunately Jared couldn't get the time off work, so I will be solo, but it will still be great to catch up with people
I went to high school with...some whom I haven't seen for 10 years!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

10 years!! CRAZY!! I hope you have a fabulous time at the reunion! I loved looking at the old school photos...takes you back huh? Can't wait to hang out when you get back! What day are you coming home?

Kathy said...

So looking forward to having you here. I know it will be a fun and memory filled weekend for you. Looking forward to Wednesday.
Love, Dad & Mom

Amy Blue said...

Fun Pictures! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. :)

Melissa said...

10 years has flown by!
how fun that you get to go!!
can't wait to see pics and hear about it through your blog!

Melissa said...

p.s. Do you think we could have a CCU reunion? :)

Allikaye's Mama said...

Yes - we SHOULD have a CCU reunion! 2013! hey hey! Take lots of pictures..i know you will! And I like seeing those old pictures! Reminds me of when I first met my BFF...freshman year - right after you left those HS days!! Love you!

And you are making it in the comment world, girl!!