Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Little Taste of Summer

I thought I would share one of my new favorite summer treats. It's not an original recipe, but I just discovered it, so it's new to me! It is soooo good...but you have to like tomatoes (which I know a lot of people don't). I think I eat this with dinner at least 3-4 nights a week, and I've started taking it for lunch too. I'm addicted and it is so easy:

Ingredients:
Tomatoes
Fresh Mozarella (it has to be fresh, floating in liquid...I know it sounds weird but it's fabulous)
Olive Oil
Pepper
Salt
Optional: Fresh Basil Leaf (I don't use the basil because I never have it and I like it better without)

Slice the tomato thick
Place a thick slice of mozarella on the tomato
Cover with olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
If you add the basil just put it between the tomato and mozarella
OR you can chop the basil and sprinkle on top
That's it!!!

It is so easy and I think it tastes like summer in my mouth!
Hope you like it too!!!!

3 comments:

Allikaye's Mama said...

YUMMMM!! Let's make this when you are out here!!! Or I just might make it tomorrow too! I am so excited to see you btw!!!! LOVE you!

Melissa said...

oh my, these look so good! YUmm..thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh..summer in my mouth too!! i just tried this out tonight. I was a little sceptical with the floating moz. cheese. ..BUT YUMM!!!!