Thursday, June 11, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance...dance...dance!!

I love summer! Not just because the weather turns nice, the flowers bloom, the grass turns green and it is fun to wear a different wardrobe but because of...
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE!


I have been so excited to watch this season. I know it might sound silly and like I am a TV addict, but I seriously love this show. I am a big fan of reality TV and can easily get sucked into dumb shows but this one is so fun to watch! Last night was the first time the top 20 dancers performed and I couldn't believe how good they were. Usually I can pick my favorites right away, but this season I am torn so far. There were so many dances that I loved from hip hop to contemporary to bollywood!! I love watching all the different styles and then trying to re-enact them afterward. Jared and I have joked that we should argue through interpretive dancing because it looks like so much fun! I think it boils down to the fact that in my heart of hearts I wish I was a dancer and by watching the show I can pretend for 2 hours that I am!

Side Note: Jared is gone this weekend at a bachelor party in Vegas. This is the first time that I have had to stay alone since we lost Lucy. Usually when Jared was gone Lucy comforted (and slept :) ) with me so I am a little nervous because I can freak myself out at night. Prayer would be greatly appreciated that I can rest well and turn to the Lord if I feel anxious, allowing Him to provide me with peace, reassurance and sweet sleep!!

"When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet."
Proverbs 3:24

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow Rhonda, Can I ever relate to you in this post.
LOVE LOVE LOVE "so you think you can dance" Love it!
AND I also ty to re-enact the dances too!! Would love to be doing that together!
AND
Oddly I can freak myself out at night when Casey is gone too, I'll be praying for you!

Allikaye's Mama said...

We were ahead of our time...remember when we would interpretive dance..with pointed toes?! We were so pretty!
And is that why you were texting me lots last night?! Sorry I had to go to sleepy! I would have kept talking! LOVE YOU!

Allikaye's Mama said...

Oh - also - I love that show too!! I have that episode DVRed so I'll have to let you know who my fave is!
Remember i told you there was a guy from Central Point on Make me a Supermodel? He won! hehe

Melissa said...

Hey, I sent you a facebook message about "our show". did you get it? Would love to hear an update on your fav. dancers. :)

Melissa said...

Hey!
so were you happy with the winner? I was so happy! I really wanted her to win..by the end she was my fav. Good season I thought!