Sunday, February 8, 2009

Friday Night Lights

Jared and I were getting a little bored of some shows on T.V. and decided to add "Friday Night Lights" to Netflix to see what it was all about. We hadn't heard much about the show, but decided to give it a shot. Well....we LOVE it!! I don't know why the show doesn't get more attention because it is soooo good! I love watching football games and watching football movies and this show allows me to do both at the same time. Plus, the plot and characters are so good that it almost feels like I am watching reality T.V. (which I also love). Last night Jared and I decided to watch the Pilot episode. We got hooked and 7 episodes later we finally went to bed. We stayed up until 1:30 in the morning watching episode after episode. A little obsessive I know, but it was so much fun watching it together. I love that they are on Netflix because then we bypass all of the commercials. Anyway, I thought I should share my latest T.V. obsession. I am a little bummed though because the show is only on its 3rd season, which means we will be caught up soon :(

In other news, we found out for certain on Tuesday of this week that our sweet puppy definitely has lymphoma (cancer of the lymph nodes). We had to make some difficult decisions and decided not to pursue chemotherapy. Although dogs respond well to chemo and it doesn't make them sick like it does humans, best case scenario would only give us about 9 months to a year and the cost would be around $5,000. Instead she is now doped up on a steroid called prednisone and feeling good. The prednisone will work for awhile (weeks at best) and will allow her to eat and have energy again. Needless to say, this week has been tough and many tears have been shed. It seems silly to some to get so attached to a pet, but she is a part of our family and a big hole will be left when she is gone. We just really love her a lot. We are enjoying the time we have and are glad that for now she feels good. Once she stops eating again and shows some other signs of decline, it will be time to put her down. Since this is not a fun topic, I thought I would post a cute video of her playing in the snow to show how cute she is!! This was on our trip out to Oregon over Christmas. We stopped and let her play for a bit and she loves the snow!

2 comments:

Allikaye's Mama said...

Hello my love!! We LOVE Friday Night Lights!! L-O-V-E! I am so glad you all joined the crew! We were watching old Office seasons all weekend!
As for that sweet Miss Lucy...we love her too...and we are praying for you all...we can imagine how hard that it!
One more thing...your comment made Matt and I both laugh out loud!!! I sure do love you!

Melissa said...

AH Rhonda! I'm so sorry to hear about Lucy!
You guys will be in our prayers.
Love ya!