Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Oakley's First Road Trip!

My parents were headed to Southern Oregon in May, so I decided to hitch a ride with them and take Oakley to meet my dad's parents and my other family that lives there! 
I'm soooo thankful that I did that because I really wanted my grandparents to meet Oakley and it was the perfect way to introduce her.
We drove out together and then I flew back one way with Oakley.
She was such a good traveler. We left at 6 in the morning and she slept the first 3 hours. I then nursed her and she was awake for a bit and then slept another 1 1/2 hours, she was awake a bit more and then took a final snooze and we were there! She usually HATES the car, but she was a trooper and had no issues. (Although in this picture she may be telling me something :)
It was great to spend the time with my grandparents and they adored her!
It was such a great little vacation and break for me too because just having Oakley was super easy and she was so content and happy the whole time.
She slept great, was wonderful no matter who was holding her and it was nice to be able to see all of my aunts, uncles and cousins.
It probably didn't hurt that she had so much undivided attention and no crazy brothers bugging her and yelling!
We made sure this time to get a generational picture too! I always make sure to takes pics with the kids and my grandparents, but never think to be in them too!
It's always hard to leave my grandparents...they will forever hold a special place in my heart and the bond I have with them is one I cherish!
I can't wait until the next time we get to visit them!

And on another note, my mom's mom (Grandma Shaffer) was here in April for a visit!

We are so very blessed and lucky that we have both sets of my grandparents still alive!

Thankful for this generation picture with my grandma, mom and kids!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Such a wonderful time with the family and Oakley truly was an absolute angel. She was happy, allowed everyone to hold her, and is our special little granddaughter. She is very loved, as is all of our grandchildren.