Saturday, January 15, 2011

Movin' and Cruisin'

Here is proof just how mobile Landon is these days...he is always on the move and finding new and exciting things to explore (and get into!)


Crawling to mom...take #1 (exerting his own will)


Crawling to mom...take #2


He has started cruisin' and thinks he is pretty hot stuff

In other news...Landon had one of his first "major" injuries :(

He put his hand on Grandma's fireplace and got a little burn on the side of his palm
(This picture shows me just how many germs and dirt they get on their hands from crawling on the floor...every bandage is black by the end of the day when we have to change it!)

Most of it was first degree with one area being second degree

This was a picture the second night (can't really see the burn very well)

He has taken in like a trooper though and despite the initial reaction it hasn't slowed him down a bit...he is still crawling, grabbing and as active as ever.
We have to clean, apply cream and bandage it for about a week
I know this won't be the last of his injuries as he is:
1. a boy
2. way too curious and into everything
3. a bit of a daredevil!
I will feel extremely lucky if this is the worst we face in the injury department!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Man, it's so good catching up on your blog! I'll have to show you Micah's burn picture he got at my grandmas house when he was 7 months old...holy cow. It's so sad when they get hurt! :(

Melissa said...

ah!

Anonymous said...

I know I am so late in seeing this, but I never realized he had such a bad burn. Poor man! I can't believe how dirty that cast got...maybe I should actually be washing my kids' hands from time to time?? (: