Tuesday, September 21, 2010

You Are Special

Long, long ago God made a decision - a very important decision. One that I'm really glad He made. He made the decision to make you.

The same hands that made the stars made you. The same hands that made the canyons made you. The same hands that made the trees and the moon and the sun made you.

That's why you are so special.
God made you. He made you in a very special way.

He made your eyes so they would twinkle. He made your mouth so you could smile. He made your laugh so you could giggle.

God made you like no one else. If you looked all over the world - in every city in every house - there would be no one else like you.

No one with your eyes, no one with your mouth, no one with your laugh.
You are very, very special.

And since you are so special, God wanted to put you in just the right home.
Where you would be warm when it's cold, where you'd be safe when you're afraid, where you'd have fun and learn about heaven.

So, after lots of looking for just the right family, God sent you to me. And I'm so glad he did.

I'll never forget the first time I saw you. Your eyes were closed, your fingers were curled in two little fists, your cheeks were puffy and round.

I knew in my heart God had sent someone very wonderful for me to take care of.

An Excerpt from Max Lucado's
"Just In Case You Ever Wonder"

7 comments:

Annie Searcy said...

Rhonda that is precious! What an amazing gift from God he is! I love it!

Amy said...

Sigh. Warms my heart! So sweet, and I love Landon's pics, adorable!

Kathy said...

How beautiful, both the words and our grandson. He really is special!

Melissa said...

ah! love it! what cute pics!!

Allikaye's Mama said...

Ok - I'm crying! That was so sweet! And with the pictures mixed in...awesome! I can't wait to meet that boy!

Shannon said...

SOO sweet! He's sitting up!! Those pictures are priceless. Someone knows the right things to say to get those huge smiles on camera. So adorable. Landon is the perfect addition to your little family. So thankful he chose YOU to be HIS mommy. What an amazing gift. Makes me tear up.

Anonymous said...

Landon is seriously adorable! I don't get to see him just hanging very often, so getting a chance at your place the other night really made me fall in love with him! He's such a relaxed and smiley little man. You are truly blessed