Sunday, March 29, 2009

Houseguests and Sleepovers

Last week my brother and sister-in-law came out to visit us for 5 days. We had such a good time with them. We toured Boise and the surrounding area, did some shopping, ate at some yummy restaurants and went to a movie. The weather was pretty nice, so it was fun to walk around downtown and go to some parks. Unfortunately I forgot to take many pictures, except at this one park.

Here is Trever and Anna.

Jared did not want to have his picture taken that day, but like a good sport agreed to take a picture with me (and some ducks in the background)!

Apparently this park has the oldest Ponderosa in the United States... Trever, Anna and I had to check it out!

Like I said we had a great time with them (although these pictures are kind of pathetic) and I always love to have my family visit!!

Last night we had a sleepover with our 3 year old niece. This was the first time we kept her overnight, so I was a little nervous, but she did great and we had a fun time.

We made chocolate chip cookies, played outside, went to Target, had a tea party, ate pizza for dinner and watched Bolt.

Our niece was very excited to get to sleep in a sleeping bag next to our bed. She thought that was pretty fun and Jared kept her up giggling and goofing off for quite awhile.

We realized that hosting a 3-year old is exhausting but is also really fun. She is at a fun age and a real cutie. I will admit that I did take a nap this afternoon when I got home from church though!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love the pictures. I love reading "This Life of Ours" makes me feel like we are closer. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the new fridge.
Love much, Mom